What is the antonym of “hungrier”?
The antonyms of hungrier are less hungry and satiated. The antonym less hungry implies a lesser degree of hunger, while satiated means to be completely satisfied or full.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
After eating a small snack, she felt less hungry and decided to skip dinner.
Feeling completely satisfied or full after eating.
After devouring a large meal, he felt satiated and couldn't eat another bite.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Less hungry implies a lesser degree of hunger, while satiated means to be completely satisfied or full.
- 2Less hungry is a gradable antonym, while satiated is a complementary antonym.
Good things to know
- 1Express Hunger: Use less hungry to describe a decrease in hunger.
- 2Describe Fullness: Use satiated to describe a feeling of complete satisfaction or fullness.
- 3Discuss Eating Habits: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about food and eating habits.