What is the antonym of “hylic”?
The antonyms of hylic are spiritual and immaterial. The antonyms spiritual and immaterial convey a lack of physicality or material substance. They imply a focus on the non-physical or transcendent aspects of existence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.
She found solace in spiritual practices such as meditation and prayer.
Not consisting of matter; not having physical substance or form.
The concept of justice is immaterial and cannot be weighed or measured.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Spiritual refers to the non-physical aspects of existence, such as the human spirit or soul.
- 2Immaterial refers to things that lack physical substance or form.
Good things to know
- 1Philosophical Discussions: Use these antonyms to discuss metaphysical concepts and ideas.
- 2Religious Contexts: Incorporate these antonyms in religious contexts to describe non-physical aspects of faith and belief.
- 3Artistic Expression: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing or art to explore abstract or intangible themes.
The antonyms spiritual and immaterial convey a lack of physicality or material substance. Spiritual refers to the non-physical aspects of existence, while immaterial refers to things that lack physical substance or form. These antonyms can be used in philosophical discussions, religious contexts, and artistic expression to explore abstract or intangible themes.