What is the antonym of “ideaistic”?
The antonyms of idealistic are practical and realistic. The antonyms practical and realistic convey a more grounded and pragmatic approach to situations, whereas idealistic implies a more visionary or utopian perspective.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas.
She had a practical approach to solving problems and always found a way to make things work.
Based on or accepting of what is happening in reality; representing things as they are.
He had a realistic view of the situation and knew that it would take time and effort to achieve his goals.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Practical refers to a focus on the actual doing or use of something, while idealistic implies a more visionary or utopian perspective.
- 2Realistic refers to a view of things as they are, while idealistic implies a view of things as they could be.
Good things to know
- 1In Career Choices: Use practical and realistic when discussing career options and goals.
- 2In Political Discussions: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing political ideologies and policies.
- 3In Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.