What is the antonym of “imitate”?
The antonyms of imitate are originate and innovate. The antonyms originate and innovate convey a sense of originality and creativity. They imply the ability to create something new or unique.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To begin, arise, or come into existence from a particular source or origin.
The idea for the new product originated from the CEO's vision for the company's future.
To introduce new ideas, methods, or products; to make changes in something established.
The company's success was due to its ability to innovate and stay ahead of the competition.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Originate refers to the beginning or source of something.
- 2Innovate refers to the introduction of new ideas or methods to improve something.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use originate and innovate to describe the development of new products or services.
- 2Art: Use originate and innovate to describe the creation of new art forms or styles.
- 3Science: Use originate and innovate to describe the discovery of new theories or technologies.
The antonyms of imitate are originate and innovate. Use originate to describe the beginning or source of something, and innovate to describe the introduction of new ideas or methods to improve something. These words can be used in various contexts such as business, art, and science to describe the development of new products, art forms, or technologies.