What is the antonym of “immalleable”?
The antonyms of immalleable are malleable, pliable, and flexible. These words describe the opposite of being rigid or inflexible. They convey the ability to be easily shaped, molded, or changed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being shaped or molded; easily influenced or controlled.
The clay was malleable and easy to sculpt into different shapes.
Easily bent or flexible; adaptable or compliant.
The plastic was pliable and could be molded into various forms.
Able to bend or move easily without breaking; adaptable or open to change.
The gymnast was very flexible and could perform difficult moves with ease.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Malleable implies the ability to be shaped or molded into a desired form.
- 2Pliable suggests the ability to bend or flex without breaking or losing shape.
- 3Flexible conveys the ability to adapt or change easily without breaking or losing integrity.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use these antonyms to describe the physical properties of materials.
- 2Education: Incorporate these words in lessons about character traits and personal growth.
- 3Business: Utilize these antonyms to describe organizational culture and leadership styles.
The antonyms malleable, pliable, and flexible describe the opposite of being rigid or inflexible. Use these words to describe physical properties of materials, character traits, personal growth, organizational culture, and leadership styles.