What is the antonym of “immediacy”?
The antonyms of immediacy are remoteness and distance. The antonyms remoteness and distance convey a sense of being far away or disconnected from something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state of being far away in space or time; the quality of being distant or removed.
The remoteness of the village made it difficult to access basic amenities.
The amount of space between two things or people; the state of being apart.
The distance between the two cities was too great to cover in a day.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Remoteness refers to being far away in space or time, while distance refers to the amount of space between two things or people.
- 2Remoteness implies a sense of isolation or disconnection, while distance can refer to physical or emotional separation.
Good things to know
- 1Geography: Use remoteness to describe places that are far away or difficult to reach.
- 2Relationships: Use distance to describe emotional or physical separation between people.
- 3Business: Use immediacy to describe the need for quick action or response in a business context.
The antonyms of immediacy are remoteness and distance. Remoteness refers to being far away in space or time and implies a sense of isolation or disconnection. Distance can refer to physical or emotional separation between people. Use these words in geography, relationships, and business contexts to convey different meanings.