What is the antonym of “immediateness”?
The antonyms of immediateness are delay and procrastination. The antonyms delay and procrastination convey a sense of postponement or putting off something that needs to be done. They imply a lack of urgency or promptness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A period of time when something is postponed or held back.
Due to the heavy traffic, there was a delay in reaching the airport on time.
Don't delay your work until the last minute.
The act of delaying or postponing something that needs to be done, often due to a lack of motivation or discipline.
His procrastination led to missed deadlines and poor performance at work.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Delay is a temporary postponement of something that needs to be done.
- 2Procrastination is a habitual tendency to delay or put off tasks, often leading to negative consequences.
Good things to know
- 1Time Management: Use these antonyms to discuss effective time management strategies.
- 2Productivity: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about productivity and goal-setting.
- 3Academic Writing: Utilize these antonyms in academic writing to express the importance of timely completion of tasks.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Delay conveys a temporary postponement, while procrastination implies a habitual tendency to delay tasks. Use these words to discuss time management, productivity, and academic writing.