What is the antonym of “immotility”?
The antonyms of immotility are mobility and activity. The antonyms mobility and activity convey a sense of movement or action. They imply the ability to move or act freely.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The ability to move or be moved freely and easily.
The patient regained mobility in his legs after undergoing physical therapy.
The state or quality of being active; the condition of doing something.
The children were engaged in various activities such as painting, singing, and dancing.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mobility refers to the ability to move or be moved freely and easily.
- 2Activity refers to the state or quality of being active or doing something.
Good things to know
- 1Healthcare: Use mobility to describe the ability to move freely and activity to describe the state of doing something.
- 2Sports: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the movement and actions of athletes.
- 3Travel: Use mobility to describe the ease of movement while traveling and activity to describe the things one does while traveling.