What is the antonym of “imperscrutable”?
The antonyms of imperscrutable are understandable, comprehensible, and scrutable. These words convey the opposite meaning of imperscrutable, which means impossible to understand or interpret.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be comprehended or grasped mentally; clear and easy to understand.
The teacher explained the concept in a way that was understandable to everyone in the class.
Able to be understood or grasped fully; intelligible.
The instructions were written in a way that was comprehensible to even those who were not familiar with the software.
Able to be understood or interpreted; intelligible.
The motives behind his actions were scrutable once we got to know him better.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Understandable implies that something is clear and easy to understand.
- 2Comprehensible suggests that something can be fully grasped or understood.
- 3Scrutable means that something can be understood or interpreted, implying that it may require some effort or analysis.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Clarity: Use understandable, comprehensible, and scrutable to make your writing or speech clearer and more accessible.
- 2Enhance Comprehension: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to help others understand complex ideas or concepts.
- 3Express Frustration: Use these antonyms to express frustration or confusion when something is difficult to understand.
The antonyms of imperscrutable are understandable, comprehensible, and scrutable. These words have distinct nuances: Understandable implies clarity, comprehensible suggests full understanding, and scrutable means that something can be understood or interpreted. Use these antonyms to improve clarity, enhance comprehension, and express frustration when something is difficult to understand.