What is the antonym of “implant”?
The antonyms of implant are remove and extract. The antonyms remove and extract convey the opposite meaning of implant, which is to take out or remove something that has been previously inserted.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To take something away or off from a place or position.
The dentist had to remove my wisdom teeth because they were causing pain.
To pull or take something out, often with effort or force.
The surgeon had to extract the bullet from the patient's leg.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Remove is a general term that describes taking something away from a place or position.
- 2Extract is a more specific term that describes pulling or taking something out, often with effort or force.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Procedures: Use remove or extract to describe medical procedures that involve taking something out of the body.
- 2Dental Procedures: Use remove or extract to describe dental procedures that involve taking out teeth or other objects from the mouth.
- 3Manufacturing: Use remove or extract to describe manufacturing processes that involve taking out or separating materials from a product.