What is the antonym of “implicitly”?
The antonyms of implicitly are explicitly and directly. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of implicitly, which means something is implied or suggested without being directly stated.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a clear and direct manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
The teacher explicitly stated that the exam would be on Friday.
In a straightforward or immediate way; without anything in between.
I will directly speak to the manager about the issue.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Explicitly refers to something that is clearly and directly stated, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
- 2Directly refers to something that is done in a straightforward or immediate way, without anything in between.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Clarity: Use explicitly to make sure your message is clear and unambiguous.
- 2Be Specific: Use directly to indicate that something is done without any intermediaries or delays.
- 3Avoid Misunderstandings: Use these antonyms to avoid misunderstandings and ensure effective communication.