What is the antonym of “importunate”?
The antonym of importunate are uninsistent, unassertive, and moderate. The antonyms convey a lack of persistence, assertiveness, or intensity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not demanding or pressing for attention or action.
She was uninsistent in her request and didn't want to bother anyone.
Lacking confidence or forcefulness in expressing oneself.
He was unassertive in the meeting and didn't speak up even though he had good ideas.
Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme.
She took a moderate approach to the problem and tried to find a balanced solution.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Uninsistent describes a lack of demand or pressure.
- 2Unassertive describes a lack of confidence or forcefulness.
- 3Moderate describes a balanced or reasonable approach.
Good things to know
- 1Negotiations: Use moderate to describe a reasonable offer or proposal.
- 2Communication: Use uninsistent and unassertive to describe someone who is not pushy or aggressive.
- 3Conflict Resolution: Use these antonyms to describe different approaches to resolving conflicts.
The antonyms of importunate are uninsistent, unassertive, and moderate. They convey a lack of persistence, assertiveness, or intensity. Use these words to describe different approaches to negotiations, communication, and conflict resolution.