What is the antonym of “improvident”?
The antonym of improvident are prudent, thrifty, and careful. These words describe the opposite of being wasteful or careless with money, resources, or time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Acting with or showing care and thought for the future.
It is prudent to save some money for emergencies.
Using money and resources carefully and not wastefully.
She is a thrifty shopper who always looks for discounts and sales.
Giving attention or thought to avoiding harm or errors; cautious.
He was careful not to spill the hot coffee on his lap.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Prudent emphasizes the idea of thinking ahead and taking precautions to avoid problems.
- 2Thrifty emphasizes the idea of using resources wisely and avoiding waste.
- 3Careful emphasizes the idea of being cautious and avoiding mistakes or accidents.
Good things to know
- 1Financial Planning: Use prudent and thrifty to describe good financial habits.
- 2Risk Management: Use prudent and careful to describe actions taken to avoid risks.
- 3Safety Precautions: Use careful to describe actions taken to avoid accidents or injuries.
The antonyms of improvident are prudent, thrifty, and careful. These words describe the opposite of being wasteful or careless with money, resources, or time. Use these words to describe good financial habits, actions taken to avoid risks, and safety precautions.