What is the antonym of “impudent”?
The antonym of impudent are respectful, polite, and courteous. These antonyms describe a person who is well-mannered, courteous, and shows respect towards others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Showing admiration and deference towards someone or something.
He was always respectful towards his elders and never spoke out of turn.
Having or showing good manners and consideration for others.
She was so polite that she always said please and thank you.
Polite, respectful, and considerate in manner.
The waiter was so courteous that he made the dining experience enjoyable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respectful implies admiration and deference towards someone or something.
- 2Polite denotes having good manners and consideration for others.
- 3Courteous describes a person who is polite, respectful, and considerate in manner.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use these antonyms to show respect and consideration towards others in social interactions.
- 2Professional Settings: Incorporate these antonyms in professional settings to demonstrate professionalism and good manners.
- 3Teaching and Learning: Use these antonyms to teach students about the importance of respect, politeness, and courtesy.
The antonyms respectful, polite, and courteous describe a person who is well-mannered, courteous, and shows respect towards others. Use these words in social interactions, professional settings, and teaching and learning to demonstrate professionalism, good manners, and respect towards others.