What is the antonym of “inactuate”?
The antonyms of inactuate are accurate, precise, and correct. These words convey the idea of being exact, correct, or true.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Free from errors, mistakes, or defects; conforming to truth or to a standard.
The survey results were accurate and reliable.
Exact, accurate, and careful about details.
The instructions were precise and easy to follow.
Free from error, mistake, or fault; conforming to truth or to a standard.
The answer was correct and earned full marks.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Accurate implies that something is free from errors or mistakes and conforms to a standard.
- 2Precise suggests that something is exact, accurate, and careful about details.
- 3Correct means that something is free from error, mistake, or fault and conforms to truth or a standard.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use accurate, precise, and correct in academic writing to convey precise meaning.
- 2Data Analysis: Utilize these antonyms to describe data accurately and precisely.
- 3Professional Communication: Incorporate these antonyms in professional communication to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
The antonyms accurate, precise, and correct convey the idea of being exact, correct, or true. Use these words in academic writing, data analysis, and professional communication to demonstrate precision, accuracy, and attention to detail.