What is the antonym of “inattackable”?
The antonym of inattackable is vulnerable, weak, and defeatable. These antonyms describe a state of being susceptible to harm, damage, or defeat.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Open to physical or emotional harm, damage, or attack.
The company's security system was vulnerable to hacking, which led to a data breach.
Lacking strength, power, or resilience; easily broken or defeated.
The boxer was weak and couldn't withstand his opponent's punches.
Capable of being defeated or overcome.
The enemy's army was defeatable with the right strategy and resources.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Vulnerable implies a state of being open to harm or attack, while inattackable means impervious to attack.
- 2Weak suggests a lack of strength or resilience, while inattackable implies an invincible or unassailable state.
- 3Defeatable describes something that can be overcome or defeated, while inattackable suggests something that cannot be attacked or penetrated.
Good things to know
- 1Security: Use inattackable to describe a system or structure that is impervious to attack.
- 2Physical Strength: Use weak to describe a person or object that lacks physical strength or resilience.
- 3Strategy: Use defeatable to describe an opponent or obstacle that can be overcome with the right strategy and resources.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Vulnerable implies openness to harm, weak denotes a lack of strength, and defeatable suggests something that can be overcome. Use these words in different contexts to describe a system or structure that is impervious to attack, a person or object that lacks physical strength or resilience, or an opponent or obstacle that can be overcome with the right strategy and resources.