What is the antonym of “inauspicious”?
The antonym of inauspicious is auspicious, favorable, and promising. The antonyms auspicious, favorable, and promising convey a positive or hopeful connotation. It implies a situation that is likely to result in success, good fortune, or happiness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Conducive to success or happiness; indicating a favorable outcome.
The couple chose an auspicious date for their wedding, hoping it would bring them good luck.
Expressing approval or support; advantageous or beneficial.
The company's decision to expand into new markets was met with favorable reviews from investors.
Showing signs of future success or potential; likely to be successful or useful.
The young athlete had a promising career ahead of him, having won several national championships already.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Auspicious refers to a situation that is likely to result in success or happiness.
- 2Favorable describes a situation that is advantageous or beneficial.
- 3Promising indicates a situation that shows signs of future success or potential.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use auspicious, favorable, and promising to describe market conditions, investment opportunities, or business ventures.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate antonyms in research papers, essays, or articles to express contrasting ideas.
- 3Personal Development: Utilize these antonyms in goal-setting, planning, or self-reflection to create a positive mindset and outlook on life.