What is the antonym of “incensing”?
The antonyms of incensing are deodorizing, freshening, and calming. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of making something smell better or reducing unpleasant odors.
See all the antonyms of “incensing”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Removing or masking unpleasant odors.
She sprayed air freshener in the room, deodorizing the stale smell.
Making something smell clean, pleasant, and new.
The laundry detergent had a freshening scent that lasted for days.
Reducing stress, anxiety, or tension.
The soothing music had a calming effect on her nerves.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Deodorizing is specifically related to removing unpleasant smells.
- 2Freshening is related to making something smell clean, pleasant, and new.
- 3Calming is related to reducing stress, anxiety, or tension.
Good things to know
- 1Household Cleaning: Use deodorizing and freshening products to keep your home smelling fresh and clean.
- 2Personal Care: Use deodorizing products to reduce body odor and freshening products to smell good.
- 3Mental Health: Use calming techniques such as meditation or deep breathing to reduce stress and anxiety.
The antonyms of incensing have distinct meanings: deodorizing removes unpleasant odors, freshening makes something smell clean and new, and calming reduces stress and anxiety. These words can be used in household cleaning, personal care, and mental health contexts.