What is the antonym of “incommunicativeness”?
The antonyms of incommunicativeness are communicativeness and talkativeness. These words describe a person's tendency to communicate or not communicate with others.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being inclined to communicate with others; the ability to express oneself effectively.
Her communicativeness made her an excellent public speaker.
The tendency to talk excessively or at length.
His talkativeness made it hard for others to get a word in during the meeting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Communicativeness refers to the ability to express oneself effectively, while talkativeness refers to the tendency to talk excessively.
- 2Communicativeness is generally seen as a positive trait, while talkativeness can sometimes be seen as a negative trait if it interferes with communication.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use these antonyms to identify your own communication style and work on improving it.
- 2Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe someone's communication style in social situations.
- 3Professional Settings: Use these antonyms to evaluate someone's communication skills in the workplace.
The antonyms communicativeness and talkativeness describe a person's tendency to communicate with others. While communicativeness is generally seen as a positive trait, talkativeness can sometimes be seen as a negative trait if it interferes with communication. Use these words to improve personal communication skills, describe communication styles in social situations, and evaluate communication skills in professional settings.