What is the antonym of “indifferently”?
The antonyms of indifferently are attentively, concernedly, and enthusiastically. These antonyms convey a different level of interest, attention, or emotion towards a subject or activity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
With attention or care; in a way that shows interest or concern.
She listened attentively to the speaker's every word and took notes.
In a way that shows worry, interest, or sympathy about someone or something.
He looked at her concernedly when she told him about her health issues.
With great excitement, interest, or approval.
The audience cheered enthusiastically when the band started playing their favorite song.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Attentively implies a focused and careful attention to detail or information.
- 2Concernedly suggests a sense of worry, interest, or sympathy towards someone or something.
- 3Enthusiastically conveys a high level of excitement, interest, or approval towards an activity or subject.
Good things to know
- 1Active Listening: Use attentively to show that you are paying close attention to what someone is saying.
- 2Empathy: Use concernedly to show that you care about someone's well-being or situation.
- 3Positive Attitude: Use enthusiastically to show that you are excited and interested in an activity or subject.
The antonyms of indifferently have different nuances: attentively implies focused attention, concernedly suggests worry or sympathy, and enthusiastically conveys excitement or approval. Use these words to actively listen, show empathy, and demonstrate a positive attitude towards an activity or subject.