What is the antonym of “indignity”?
The antonyms of indignity are honor, respect, and dignity. These words convey a positive or respectful emotional state. They imply a sense of pride, admiration, or esteem.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
High respect; great esteem.
Winning the award was a great honor for him.
A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
She has earned the respect of her colleagues through her hard work and dedication.
The state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect.
He conducted himself with great dignity throughout the trial.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Honor is a term that describes a high level of respect or esteem given to someone.
- 2Respect is a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something based on their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
- 3Dignity is a state or quality of being worthy of honor or respect.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use honor to express gratitude for recognition or appreciation.
- 2Show Admiration: Use respect to show admiration for someone's abilities, qualities, or achievements.
- 3Demonstrate Respect: Use dignity to demonstrate respect for someone's worthiness or value.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Honor conveys high respect, respect denotes deep admiration, and dignity refers to worthiness or value. Use these words to express gratitude, show admiration, and demonstrate respect for others.