What is the antonym of “indiscipline”?
The antonyms of indiscipline are discipline and obedience. The antonyms discipline and obedience convey a positive and controlled behavior. It implies following rules, regulations, and orders.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior.
The military is known for its strict discipline and adherence to rules.
Compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.
The dog's obedience to its owner's commands was impressive.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Discipline refers to the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior.
- 2Obedience refers to compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.
Good things to know
- 1Parenting: Encourage discipline and obedience in children to instill good habits and values.
- 2Education: Emphasize the importance of discipline and obedience in academic settings to promote learning and success.
- 3Workplace: Promote discipline and obedience in employees to ensure productivity and efficiency.
The antonyms discipline and obedience convey a positive and controlled behavior. Use these words in parenting, education, and workplace settings to promote good habits, learning, and success.