What is the antonym of “indissociable”?
The antonym of indissociable are separable, divisible, and disconnected. These antonyms convey the idea of things that can be separated or divided into parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being separated or divided into parts.
The two pieces of furniture were separable and could be moved independently.
Capable of being divided or separated into smaller parts.
The cake was divisible into eight equal slices.
Not connected or related; separate or distinct.
The two events were disconnected and had no relation to each other.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separable implies that something can be separated or divided into parts, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it should be separated.
- 2Divisible implies that something can be divided into smaller parts, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it can be separated.
- 3Disconnected implies that two things are not connected or related in any way.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the relationship between concepts or ideas.
- 2Technical Writing: Incorporate these antonyms to explain how things can be separated or divided.
- 3Everyday Conversation: Use these antonyms to describe physical objects or situations that can be separated or divided.