What is the antonym of “individualise”?
The antonyms of individualise are standardize, homogenize, and generalize. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of making something unique or specific to a particular individual or group. Instead, they imply making something uniform, generic, or applicable to a broad range of people or situations.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To make something conform to a standard or set of guidelines.
The company decided to standardize their production process to ensure consistency across all their products.
To make something uniform or consistent in composition or character.
The blender was able to homogenize the ingredients into a smooth and even texture.
To make a statement or conclusion that applies to a broad range of people or situations.
It is not accurate to generalize that all teenagers are lazy and unmotivated.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Standardize implies conforming to a specific set of guidelines or standards.
- 2Homogenize implies making something uniform or consistent in composition or character.
- 3Generalize implies making a statement or conclusion that applies to a broad range of people or situations.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use standardize to ensure consistency in production processes and quality control.
- 2Science: Use homogenize to create uniform samples for testing and analysis.
- 3Academics: Use generalize to make conclusions based on research that can be applied to a broader population.
The antonyms of individualise convey the opposite meaning of making something unique or specific. Standardize implies conforming to a specific set of guidelines, homogenize implies making something uniform, and generalize implies making a statement that applies to a broad range of people or situations. These words can be used in various contexts such as business, science, and academics.