What is the antonym of “indivisible”?
The antonym of indivisible are divisible, separable, and breakable. These antonyms describe the ability to be separated or divided into parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be divided or separated into parts.
The cake was divisible into eight equal slices.
Able to be separated or detached from something else.
The toy car was designed to be separable into smaller pieces.
Able to be broken or shattered into pieces.
The vase was made of delicate glass and was therefore breakable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Divisible refers to the ability to be divided into parts, while separable refers to the ability to be detached from something else.
- 2Breakable is a more specific term that describes the ability to be broken or shattered into pieces.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use divisible to describe numbers that can be divided by another number without a remainder.
- 2Engineering: Use separable to describe parts that can be detached from a larger structure.
- 3Product Design: Use breakable to describe materials that can be easily broken or shattered.