What is the antonym of “inexorableness”?
The antonyms of inexorableness are flexibility and compromising. The antonyms flexibility and compromising convey a willingness to adapt or change in response to circumstances. It implies an ability to be open-minded, accommodating, and cooperative.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being adaptable or willing to change in response to circumstances.
The company's success was due to its flexibility in adapting to market changes.
Willing to make concessions or come to an agreement with others.
The negotiators were compromising in their demands, which led to a successful outcome.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Flexibility refers to the ability to adapt or change in response to circumstances, while inexorableness implies a lack of willingness to change or compromise.
- 2Compromising refers to the willingness to make concessions or come to an agreement with others, while inexorableness implies a lack of willingness to negotiate or find common ground.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use flexibility and compromising to describe a company's ability to adapt to changing market conditions and negotiate deals.
- 2Politics: Use compromising to describe politicians who are willing to work across party lines to pass legislation.
- 3Relationships: Use flexibility to describe a partner who is willing to compromise and adapt to the needs of the other person.