What is the antonym of “inextensile”?
The antonyms of inextensile are extensible, stretchable, and flexible. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of inextensile, which means not capable of being extended or stretched.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being extended or stretched without breaking or losing its structure.
The rubber band was extensible and could stretch to twice its original size.
Capable of being stretched or extended without breaking or losing its shape.
The fabric was stretchable and could accommodate different body sizes.
Capable of bending easily without breaking; adaptable to change.
The gymnast was flexible and could perform complex moves with ease.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Extensible refers to the ability to be extended or stretched without breaking or losing its structure.
- 2Stretchable refers to the ability to be stretched or extended without breaking or losing its shape.
- 3Flexible refers to the ability to bend easily without breaking and adapt to change.
Good things to know
- 1Science and Technology: Use these antonyms in scientific and technical contexts to describe materials and structures.
- 2Fashion and Design: Incorporate these antonyms in fashion and design to describe fabrics and materials.
- 3Sports and Fitness: Utilize these antonyms in sports and fitness to describe physical abilities and performance.
The antonyms of inextensile are extensible, stretchable, and flexible. These antonyms have distinct nuances and can be used in various contexts such as science and technology, fashion and design, and sports and fitness. Use these words to describe materials, structures, fabrics, physical abilities, and performance.