What is the antonym of “infinitesimal”?
The antonyms of infinitesimal are huge, gigantic, and enormous. These antonyms convey a sense of largeness or magnitude, which is the opposite of infinitesimal that describes something extremely small or negligible.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Extremely large in size or amount.
The elephant was huge and towered over the other animals at the zoo.
Of immense size or proportions; colossal.
The construction of the gigantic skyscraper took several years to complete.
Very large in size, quantity, or extent.
The amount of food wasted every day is enormous and could feed millions of hungry people.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Huge implies a great size or amount, but it can still be quantified or measured.
- 2Gigantic suggests an even larger size or proportion than huge, often used to describe things that are difficult to comprehend or imagine.
- 3Enormous emphasizes the vastness or extent of something, often used to describe things that are beyond normal or expected sizes.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Objects: Use huge, gigantic, and enormous to describe the size of objects.
- 2Expressing Emotions: Use these antonyms to express emotions such as awe, surprise, or shock.
- 3Comparing Sizes: Use these antonyms to compare the sizes of different objects or quantities.