What is the antonym of “inflamable”?
The antonyms of inflammable are nonflammable and fireproof. These words describe materials that do not catch fire easily or are resistant to flames.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not capable of catching fire or burning easily.
The curtains were made of a nonflammable material that did not catch fire even when exposed to high heat.
Resistant to catching fire or burning.
The safe was fireproof, which meant that it could withstand high temperatures and protect its contents from damage.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Nonflammable means that a material does not catch fire or burn easily, while fireproof means that a material is resistant to catching fire or burning.
- 2Nonflammable is a complementary antonym, meaning that it is the opposite of the word's meaning, while fireproof is a relational antonym, meaning that it describes a relationship between the material and fire.
Good things to know
- 1Safety Instructions: Use nonflammable and fireproof to describe materials that are safe to use in high-heat environments.
- 2Product Descriptions: Incorporate these antonyms in product descriptions to highlight their safety features.
- 3Emergency Situations: Use these antonyms to describe materials that can withstand fire and prevent accidents.
The antonyms of inflammable are nonflammable and fireproof. Use nonflammable to describe materials that do not catch fire easily, and fireproof to describe materials that are resistant to catching fire. These antonyms can be used in safety instructions, product descriptions, and emergency situations to highlight the safety features of materials.