What is the antonym of “infuriated”?
The antonyms of infuriated are calm, composed, and delighted. The antonyms calm and composed convey a sense of tranquility and composure, while delighted implies a feeling of happiness or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm and composed during the job interview.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
Despite the chaos around her, she remained composed and focused on her task.
Feeling or showing great pleasure or satisfaction.
He was delighted to receive a surprise gift from his best friend.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of tranquility and lack of strong emotions.
- 2Composed implies having one's feelings and expression under control.
- 3Delighted conveys a feeling of happiness or pleasure.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use calm and composed to describe a state of tranquility and composure.
- 2Show Gratitude: Use delighted to express happiness or pleasure in response to a positive event.
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations and writing to expand your vocabulary.