What is the antonym of “ingenuousness”?
The antonyms of ingenuousness are cunning and deceitfulness. The antonyms cunning and deceitfulness convey a negative connotation and imply a lack of honesty or sincerity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing skill in achieving one's ends by deceit or evasion.
He used his cunning tactics to win the game, even though he was not the most skilled player.
The quality of being deceptive or misleading.
Her deceitfulness was revealed when she was caught lying about her qualifications.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cunning implies a level of intelligence and skill in achieving one's goals through deceit or evasion.
- 2Deceitfulness refers to the quality of being deceptive or misleading, often with the intention of causing harm or gaining an advantage.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use cunning and deceitfulness to expand your vocabulary and express negative qualities.
- 2Identify Dishonesty: Recognize cunning and deceitfulness in people's behavior to avoid being deceived or misled.
- 3Express Disapproval: Use these antonyms to express disapproval of dishonest or manipulative behavior.
The antonyms of ingenuousness are cunning and deceitfulness. While cunning implies intelligence and skill in achieving one's goals through deceit or evasion, deceitfulness refers to the quality of being deceptive or misleading. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, identify dishonesty, and express disapproval of dishonest or manipulative behavior.