What is the antonym of “inhospitably”?
The antonym of inhospitably is hospitably, friendly, and warmly. The antonyms hospitably, friendly, and warmly convey a positive and welcoming attitude towards others. It implies a willingness to help, accommodate, or entertain guests.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a manner that is welcoming, friendly, and accommodating to guests.
The hotel staff greeted us hospitably and made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay.
Kind and pleasant towards others; showing goodwill and amicability.
She was always friendly to her neighbors and often invited them over for tea.
In a manner that is affectionate, enthusiastic, and welcoming.
The host welcomed us warmly and made us feel at home right away.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hospitably describes a welcoming and accommodating attitude towards guests.
- 2Friendly denotes a kind and pleasant demeanor towards others.
- 3Warmly conveys an affectionate and enthusiastic welcome.
Good things to know
- 1Hospitality Industry: Use hospitably to describe the quality of service provided by hotels, restaurants, and other hospitality businesses.
- 2Social Interactions: Use friendly and warmly to express a positive attitude towards friends, family, and acquaintances.
- 3Professional Communication: Use hospitably, friendly, and warmly in emails, phone calls, and meetings to convey a positive and welcoming tone.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Hospitably conveys a welcoming and accommodating attitude, friendly denotes a kind and pleasant demeanor, and warmly conveys an affectionate and enthusiastic welcome. Use these words in the hospitality industry, social interactions, and professional communication to convey a positive and welcoming tone.