What is the antonym of “innermost”?
The antonyms of innermost are outermost and superficial. The antonym outermost refers to the furthest point from the center, while superficial describes something that is shallow or lacking depth.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Farthest from the center or the inside.
The outermost layer of the earth's atmosphere is called the exosphere.
Lacking depth or meaning; concerned only with surface appearances.
Her superficial knowledge of the subject was evident when she failed to answer any of the difficult questions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Outermost refers to the farthest point from the center, while innermost refers to the closest point to the center.
- 2Superficial describes something that lacks depth or meaning, while innermost refers to the most personal or private thoughts and feelings.
Good things to know
- 1Spatial Relationships: Use innermost and outermost to describe the position of objects in relation to each other.
- 2Personal Reflection: Use innermost to describe your deepest thoughts and feelings.
- 3Critique: Use superficial to describe something that lacks depth or meaning.
The antonyms of innermost are outermost and superficial. Use outermost to describe the farthest point from the center and superficial to describe something that lacks depth. Use innermost to describe your deepest thoughts and feelings.