What is the antonym of “inobvious”?
The antonyms of inobvious are obvious, apparent, and evident. These words describe something that is easily perceived, understood, or recognized.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easily perceived or understood; clear, apparent, or self-evident.
It was obvious that she was lying because her story kept changing.
Clearly visible or understood; seeming to be true or real.
The apparent cause of the accident was a faulty brake system.
Clearly seen or understood; obvious or apparent.
The damage to the car made it evident that the driver had been in a serious accident.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Obvious suggests that something is easily perceived or understood without any effort.
- 2Apparent implies that something seems to be true or real based on available evidence.
- 3Evident means that something is clearly seen or understood based on observable facts or information.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety and precision to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Clarify Meaning: Use these antonyms to clarify the meaning of a word or concept.