The Opposite(Antonym) of “inopportunity”
The antonyms of inopportunity are opportunity, suitability, and timeliness. These words convey a positive or favorable situation, implying that something is appropriate, convenient, or well-timed.
Definitions and Examples of opportunity, suitability, timeliness
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A favorable or advantageous circumstance or chance for advancement or progress.
He saw the job opening as an opportunity to advance his career.
The quality of being appropriate, fitting, or suitable for a particular purpose or situation.
The candidate's experience and skills made him the suitability choice for the position.
The quality of being done or occurring at a suitable time; being well-timed.
The company's decision to launch the product during the holiday season was a matter of timeliness.
Key Differences: opportunity vs suitability vs timeliness
- 1Opportunity refers to a favorable or advantageous circumstance or chance for advancement or progress.
- 2Suitability describes the quality of being appropriate, fitting, or suitable for a particular purpose or situation.
- 3Timeliness refers to the quality of being done or occurring at a suitable time; being well-timed.
Effective Usage of opportunity, suitability, timeliness
- 1Job Interviews: Use opportunity to describe a chance for career advancement.
- 2Business Meetings: Use suitability to describe the appropriateness of a proposal or idea.
- 3Project Management: Use timeliness to describe the importance of meeting deadlines and schedules.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Opportunity conveys a chance for advancement or progress, suitability describes the quality of being appropriate or fitting, and timeliness refers to the importance of being well-timed. Use these words in job interviews, business meetings, and project management to convey positive or favorable situations.