What is the antonym of “inrunning”?
The antonyms of inrunning are inactive, non-functioning, and out of order. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of something that is currently operating or functioning.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not active or in use; not functioning or operating.
The account has been inactive for over a year and will be closed soon.
Not working or operating correctly; malfunctioning.
The printer is non-functioning and needs to be repaired.
out of order
Not working correctly; not in proper working condition.
The elevator is out of order and we need to take the stairs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Inactive refers to something that is not currently in use or functioning.
- 2Non-functioning describes something that is not working or operating correctly.
- 3Out of order means that something is not in proper working condition.
Good things to know
- 1Technical Issues: Use these antonyms to describe technical issues with machines, devices, or systems.
- 2Facilities Management: Use these antonyms to describe the status of facilities, equipment, or infrastructure.
- 3Productivity: Use these antonyms to describe the status of tasks, projects, or assignments.
The antonyms of inrunning are inactive, non-functioning, and out of order. These antonyms can be used to describe technical issues, facilities management, and productivity. Use inactive to describe something not in use, non-functioning to describe something not working correctly, and out of order to describe something not in proper working condition.