What is the antonym of “insatiable”?
The antonym of insatiable are satisfied, content, and moderate. These words convey a sense of fulfillment, satisfaction, and moderation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling content or pleased with what one has or has achieved.
After finishing the project, she felt satisfied with her work and took a break.
Feeling happy and at ease with one's situation or circumstances.
He was content with his life and didn't feel the need to chase after more money or fame.
Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme.
She had a moderate appetite and never overate or indulged in unhealthy foods.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Satisfied implies a sense of fulfillment or contentment with what one has or has achieved.
- 2Content conveys a feeling of happiness and ease with one's situation or circumstances.
- 3Moderate describes something that is within reasonable limits and not excessive or extreme.
Good things to know
- 1Express Satisfaction: Use satisfied to express contentment with one's achievements or possessions.
- 2Describe Happiness: Use content to describe a state of happiness and ease with one's situation or circumstances.
- 3Encourage Moderation: Use moderate to encourage people to stay within reasonable limits and avoid excess or extremes.