The Opposite(Antonym) of “intellectual”
The antonyms of intellectual are unintelligent and anti-intellectual. The antonyms unintelligent and anti-intellectual convey a negative or dismissive attitude towards intellectual pursuits or abilities.
Explore all Antonyms of “intellectual”
Definitions and Examples of unintelligent, anti-intellectual
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking intelligence or mental capacity; not smart.
He struggled with the math problems and felt unintelligent compared to his classmates.
Opposed to or hostile towards intellectual pursuits, education, or knowledge.
The politician's speeches were often criticized for their anti-intellectual tone and lack of substance.
Key Differences: unintelligent vs anti-intellectual
- 1Unintelligent refers to a lack of intelligence or mental capacity.
- 2Anti-intellectual refers to a negative attitude towards intellectual pursuits, education, or knowledge.
Effective Usage of unintelligent, anti-intellectual
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express opinions about intellectual pursuits or abilities.
- 2Discuss Education: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about education and its value.
- 3Analyze Media: Critique media that promotes anti-intellectualism or stereotypes about intelligence.
The antonyms of intellectual are unintelligent and anti-intellectual. Use unintelligent to describe a lack of intelligence or mental capacity, and anti-intellectual to describe a negative attitude towards intellectual pursuits, education, or knowledge. These antonyms can be used to express opinions, discuss education, and analyze media.