What is the antonym of “intense”?
The antonyms of intense are mild, weak, and moderate. These words convey the opposite meaning of intense, which is something that is strong, powerful, or extreme.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not severe or strong; gentle or moderate in nature.
The doctor prescribed a mild painkiller for her headache.
Lacking strength or power; not strong or forceful.
He had a weak grip on the handlebars and couldn't control the bike.
Being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme.
She suggested a moderate increase in the budget to avoid overspending.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Mild describes something that is gentle or moderate in nature, while intense is something that is strong or extreme.
- 2Weak describes something that lacks strength or power, while intense conveys a sense of forcefulness and power.
- 3Moderate describes something that is within reasonable limits, while intense is something that goes beyond the norm or exceeds expectations.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinions about different experiences, emotions, or sensations.
- 2Describe Sensations: Use these antonyms to describe physical sensations such as pain, heat, cold, or pressure.
- 3Compare and Contrast: Use these antonyms to compare and contrast different things, ideas, or concepts.
The antonyms of intense are mild, weak, and moderate. These words have distinct meanings and can be used to express opinions, describe sensations, or compare and contrast different things. Use them to communicate effectively and accurately in various contexts.