What is the antonym of “interdicted”?
The antonyms of interdicted are allowed, permitted, and authorized. These words convey the opposite meaning of interdicted, which means to prohibit or forbid something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Permitted; not prohibited.
Smoking is not allowed in this building.
Allowed; not forbidden.
Pets are permitted in this apartment complex.
Having official permission or approval to do something.
Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter this area.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Allowed and permitted are synonyms that mean the same thing: not prohibited.
- 2Authorized implies having official permission or approval to do something, whereas allowed and permitted simply mean not forbidden.
Good things to know
- 1Legal Documents: Use these antonyms in legal documents to clarify permissions and restrictions.
- 2Signage: Incorporate these antonyms in signs to indicate what is allowed or prohibited in a certain area.
- 3Instructions: Use these antonyms in instructions to explain what actions are permitted or authorized.
The antonyms of interdicted are allowed, permitted, and authorized. Use allowed and permitted interchangeably to indicate something is not prohibited. Use authorized to imply official permission or approval. These antonyms can be used in legal documents, signage, and instructions to clarify permissions and restrictions.