What is the antonym of “interlocking”?
The antonyms of interlocking are disconnected and unrelated. The antonyms convey a lack of connection or relationship between things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not connected or related; separate or disjointed.
The story had many disconnected plotlines that made it hard to follow.
Having no connection or relationship; not relevant or pertinent.
His comments were unrelated to the topic of discussion and confused everyone.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disconnected implies a lack of physical or logical connection between things.
- 2Unrelated implies a lack of relevance or connection between things.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use interlocking, disconnected, and unrelated to create clear and concise writing.
- 2Improve Comprehension: Incorporate antonyms in reading to improve vocabulary and comprehension.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Disconnected implies a lack of physical or logical connection, while unrelated implies a lack of relevance or connection. Use these words to enhance writing, improve comprehension, and enrich vocabulary.