What is the antonym of “interpenetrable”?
The antonym of interpenetrable are impermeable, opaque, and understandable. The antonyms convey a lack of transparency, clarity, or permeability.
See all the antonyms of “interpenetrable”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not allowing fluids or gases to pass through; not permeable.
The walls of the dam were made of impermeable concrete to prevent water from seeping through.
Not able to be seen through; not transparent.
The glass was opaque and prevented anyone from seeing inside the room.
Able to be comprehended or grasped mentally; clear and intelligible.
The teacher explained the concept in a way that was understandable to all the students.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Impermeable refers to something that cannot be penetrated by fluids or gases.
- 2Opaque refers to something that cannot be seen through.
- 3Understandable refers to something that can be comprehended or grasped mentally.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use impermeable to describe materials that do not allow fluids or gases to pass through.
- 2Art: Use opaque to describe colors or materials that do not allow light to pass through.
- 3Communication: Use understandable to describe ideas or concepts that are easy to comprehend.
The antonyms of interpenetrable have distinct meanings. Impermeable refers to something that cannot be penetrated by fluids or gases, opaque refers to something that cannot be seen through, and understandable refers to something that can be comprehended or grasped mentally. These words can be used in various contexts such as science, art, and communication.