What is the antonym of “interpolate”?
The antonyms of interpolate are remove, extract, and delete. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of inserting or adding something into a text, data, or information.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To take away or eliminate something from a place or object.
He had to remove the virus-infected files from his computer to prevent further damage.
To remove or obtain something by force, effort, or skill.
The dentist had to extract her wisdom teeth because they were causing her pain.
To erase or remove something from a document, file, or database.
She accidentally deleted all her important emails and had to retrieve them from the trash folder.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Remove implies taking something away from a place or object, while interpolate means adding something into a text or data.
- 2Extract suggests obtaining something by force, effort, or skill, while interpolate means inserting something into a text or data.
- 3Delete means erasing or removing something from a document, file, or database, while interpolate means adding something into a text or data.
Good things to know
- 1Data Management: Use remove, extract, and delete to manage data effectively.
- 2Editing: Incorporate antonyms in editing to ensure accuracy and clarity.
- 3Programming: Utilize these antonyms in programming to manipulate data and information.