What is the antonym of “intimiste”?
The antonym of intimiste are impersonal, objective, and formal. These antonyms convey a lack of personal or emotional involvement, and instead emphasize an objective or formal approach.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not influenced by personal feelings or emotions; lacking warmth or friendliness.
The tone of the email was impersonal, as it was written in a professional context.
Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions; based on facts or evidence.
The journalist tried to maintain an objective perspective while reporting on the political situation.
Following established conventions or rules; suitable for official or serious occasions.
He wore a formal suit and tie to the job interview.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Impersonal emphasizes a lack of personal connection or warmth.
- 2Objective emphasizes a focus on facts and evidence rather than personal opinions or feelings.
- 3Formal emphasizes adherence to established conventions or rules.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Communication: Use impersonal and formal language in professional contexts such as emails, reports, and presentations.
- 2Academic Writing: Use objective language in academic writing to convey a neutral and unbiased perspective.
- 3Debates and Discussions: Use objective language to present arguments based on facts and evidence rather than personal opinions or feelings.