The Opposite(Antonym) of “intractable”
The antonym of intractable are manageable, compliant, and flexible. The antonyms manageable, compliant, and flexible convey a positive or cooperative attitude. It implies an ability to be controlled, directed, or influenced.
Definitions and Examples of manageable, compliant, flexible
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Capable of being managed, controlled, or dealt with without difficulty.
The project was so well-organized that it became manageable and easy to handle.
Willing to comply with rules, regulations, or requests; obedient.
The students were compliant with the teacher's instructions and followed them diligently.
Able to bend or change easily without breaking; adaptable.
The company's policies were flexible enough to accommodate the needs of its employees.
Key Differences: manageable vs compliant vs flexible
- 1Manageable refers to something that can be handled or controlled without difficulty.
- 2Compliant refers to someone who is willing to follow rules or instructions.
- 3Flexible refers to something that can adapt to changing circumstances.
Effective Usage of manageable, compliant, flexible
- 1Problem-solving: Use manageable to describe a situation that can be resolved easily.
- 2Leadership: Use compliant to describe a team member who follows instructions well.
- 3Adaptability: Use flexible to describe a plan or policy that can adjust to changing situations.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Manageable refers to something that can be handled or controlled without difficulty, compliant refers to someone who is willing to follow rules or instructions, and flexible refers to something that can adapt to changing circumstances. Use these words to describe problem-solving, leadership, and adaptability.