The Opposite(Antonym) of “intraparochial”
The antonyms of intraparochial are cosmopolitan and broad-minded. The antonym cosmopolitan refers to a person or a place that is open to different cultures and ideas, while broad-minded refers to a person who is tolerant and accepting of different opinions and beliefs.
Explore all Antonyms of “intraparochial”
Definitions and Examples of cosmopolitan, broad-minded
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures.
She has traveled extensively and is very cosmopolitan, able to adapt to any new environment.
Tolerant and accepting of different opinions and beliefs.
He is a broad-minded individual who is always willing to listen to other people's perspectives.
Key Differences: cosmopolitan vs broad-minded
- 1Cosmopolitan refers to a person or place that is familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures, while intraparochial refers to a narrow-minded or parochial attitude.
- 2Broad-minded refers to a person who is tolerant and accepting of different opinions and beliefs, while intraparochial refers to a person who is narrow-minded and intolerant of different ideas.
Effective Usage of cosmopolitan, broad-minded
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Cultural Awareness: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- 3Personal Growth: Strive to be cosmopolitan and broad-minded by learning about different cultures and being open to new ideas and perspectives.
The antonyms of intraparochial are cosmopolitan and broad-minded. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, demonstrate cultural awareness, and strive for personal growth by being open to new ideas and perspectives.