What is the antonym of “intrenched”?
The antonyms of intrenched are unprotected, vulnerable, and unsettled. These words convey a lack of security, stability, or protection.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not protected or defended against harm, damage, or danger.
The house was left unprotected during the hurricane, and it suffered severe damage.
Exposed to the possibility of being harmed or attacked, physically or emotionally.
The elderly are more vulnerable to diseases and require special care and attention.
Not settled or established; uncertain or unstable.
The political situation in the country is unsettled, and people are afraid of violence and unrest.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unprotected implies a complete lack of protection or defense against harm or danger.
- 2Vulnerable suggests a higher risk of being harmed or attacked, either physically or emotionally.
- 3Unsettled refers to a lack of stability or certainty, which can lead to insecurity or anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Safety: Use these antonyms to talk about safety measures and precautions.
- 2Describe Emotions: Incorporate these words to describe feelings of insecurity, fear, or anxiety.
- 3Analyze Situations: Utilize these antonyms to analyze complex situations and identify potential risks or threats.
The antonyms of intrenched convey a lack of security, stability, or protection. Unprotected implies a complete lack of protection, vulnerable suggests a higher risk of harm, and unsettled refers to a lack of stability or certainty. Use these words to discuss safety, describe emotions, and analyze situations.