What is the antonym of “introduction”?
The antonyms of introduction are conclusion and ending. An introduction is the beginning or opening part of something, while a conclusion or an ending is the final part that brings it to a close.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The end or finish of an event, process, or text.
In conclusion, I would like to thank everyone for coming to my presentation.
The final part of something, especially a story, movie, or song.
The ending of the movie was unexpected and left the audience in awe.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Conclusion refers to the end or finish of an event, process, or text, while ending specifically refers to the final part of a story, movie, or song.
- 2Conclusion can also mean a decision or judgment reached after considering all the facts, while ending does not have this additional meaning.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use introduction and conclusion to structure essays, research papers, and other academic writing.
- 2Creative Writing: Use ending to create a satisfying conclusion to stories, novels, and other creative works.
- 3Speeches and Presentations: Use introduction and conclusion to frame speeches and presentations, and use ending to leave a lasting impression on the audience.
The antonyms of introduction are conclusion and ending. Use introduction to begin something, conclusion to end an event or process, and ending to conclude a story, movie, or song. These words are useful in academic writing, creative writing, speeches, and presentations.