What is the antonym of “introspect”?
The antonyms of introspect are ignore, neglect, and overlook. These words convey the opposite meaning of introspection, which is to examine one's own thoughts and feelings.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
He chose to ignore his problems instead of facing them.
Fail to care for properly; disregard or forget.
She neglected her health by not exercising regularly.
Fail to notice or consider; disregard accidentally.
He overlooked the typos in his report and submitted it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignore implies a deliberate decision to not pay attention to something or someone.
- 2Neglect suggests a failure to give proper attention or care to something or someone.
- 3Overlook means to miss something accidentally or unintentionally.
Good things to know
- 1Self-Reflection: Use introspect to examine your own thoughts and feelings.
- 2Relationships: Avoid ignore, neglect, and overlook when interacting with others to show respect and care.
- 3Academic Writing: Incorporate introspect in reflective essays or personal narratives to demonstrate self-awareness.
The antonyms of introspect are ignore, neglect, and overlook. These words convey the opposite meaning of introspection, which is to examine one's own thoughts and feelings. Use introspect for self-reflection, avoid ignore, neglect, and overlook in relationships to show respect and care, and incorporate introspect in academic writing to demonstrate self-awareness.