What is the antonym of “inutile”?
The antonym of inutile is useful, effective, and helpful. The antonyms useful, effective, and helpful convey a positive or beneficial quality. It implies that something has value, purpose, or utility.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Able to be used for a practical purpose; having value or benefit.
The new software is useful for managing large amounts of data.
Producing the intended or desired result; successful in achieving a goal.
The medicine was effective in reducing the patient's symptoms.
Giving or providing aid or assistance; useful or beneficial.
The librarian was helpful in finding the right book for my research.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Useful describes something that can be used for a practical purpose or has value.
- 2Effective describes something that produces the intended result or achieves a goal.
- 3Helpful describes something that gives aid or assistance and is useful or beneficial.
Good things to know
- 1Improve Writing: Use useful, effective, and helpful to describe things that have value or benefit.
- 2Enhance Problem-Solving: Incorporate antonyms in discussions to identify solutions that produce the desired result.
- 3Enrich Learning: Utilize these antonyms in educational contexts to help students understand the value and purpose of different concepts.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Useful conveys practical value, effective denotes successful achievement, and helpful refers to giving aid or assistance. Use these words to improve writing, enhance problem-solving, and enrich learning by helping students understand the value and purpose of different concepts.